Who is Preisenergie?
Preisenergie develops pricing software for energy vendors. We help our customers calculate fair prices for a fully renewable and digital energy system. We model energy prices, simulate millions of alternative prices and choose optimal ones that best fit the goals of our customers (not always profit!). Our prices recover costs of individual consumers' energy consumptions and keep margins low enough to be competitive.
We are a team of 10, with 3 CDTM and 1 M&M and like to celebrate with cake rather than with champagne.
What does the tech stack look like?
Our R tech stack consists of shiny applications in the frontend and data.table and tidyverse in the backend. Our REST microservices are implemented using Plumber.
What will I be working on?
You will be working on our main R codebase that handles pricing calculations by being part of our team of experienced R engineers on porting/refactoring it into a microservice that fits in our infrastructure. You will be responsible for future integrations with different applications and new pricing algorithm features.
We don’t want you to be a rock star, a ninja, or a superhero, but to have some experience with web technologies and software architecture in a professional context and with working and communicating with teams. We are looking for someone who makes well-founded, pragmatic decisions about what competencies to develop and what technologies to use.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, physics, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent experience
- Working experience with
- writing R code & packages
- unit-testing & integration-testing
- refactoring & managing legacy code is a plus
- Python is a plus
Why should I join your team?
- Make energy consumption more sustainable
- Nerd out over optimization algorithms, bayesian statistics & co.
- Get your hands dirty on BIG data (energy consumptions, market prices)
- Use the opportunity to work from home for 3/5 days per week
- Enjoy fair compensation: 40-60k salary (depending on experience), 1.5k training budget
- Build a company together with an experienced team (MIT, HEC, CDTM, M&M, Simon-Kucher) and a proven business model
- Work in a great office in the best startup location of Munich (WERK1) with table tennis, tabletop football and a great community
This role is open to freelancers, too.