Who is Preisenergie?
develops pricing software for energy vendors. We help our customers
calculate fair prices for a fully renewable and digital energy system.
We model energy prices, simulate millions of alternative prices and
choose optimal ones that best fit the goals of our customers (not always
profit!). Our prices recover costs of individual consumers' energy
consumptions and keep margins low enough to be competitive.
We are a team of 10, with 3 CDTM and 1 M&M and like to celebrate with cake rather than with champagne.
What does the tech stack look like?
On the backend side we
have Django REST APIs and pandas. Our database of choice is PostgreSQL.
In the frontend we are using Typescript and React.
What will I be working on?
You will have the chance to work on a multitude of greenfield or recently
started applications. The applications are backend heavy. The
combination of statistics, optimization and financial modeling means
that an average request in our backend involves computations on around
25 million rows. Designing an API around to handle these types of
requests will be your daily job. Taking care of response speed and
memory usage is important.
We don’t want you to be a rock star, a ninja, or a superhero, but to
have solid experience with web technologies and software architecture in
a professional context and with working and communicating with teams.
We are looking for someone who makes well-founded, pragmatic decisions
about what competencies to develop and what technologies to use.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, IT, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Django REST framework
- Knowledge of any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Interest in doing data science code with pandas
- Interest in becoming a team lead over time
- Understanding of Docker and containerization technologies like Kubernetes is a plus
- Exposure to frontend programming is a plus